There are many ways you can help address climate change and move our nation toward a clean energy economy. Here are just a few:
- Learn more about the issues
- Spread the word
- Ensure environmental and energy issues are political priorities
- Make a personal commitment to reduce your environmental impact
- Intern at EESI
- Write a review of EESI
- Donate to EESI
Subscribe to one of our free electronic newsletters:
- EESI Update (2-4/year)
- Climate Change News (weekly)
- Sustainable Bioenergy, Farms, and Forests (weekly)
|Join the conversation on our Facebook page|
|Connect with us on LinkedIn|
|Get energy and environment updates from our Twitter account|
|Learn from the experts on our YouTube channel|
- Vote for candidates that understand the importance of these issues and are ready to act!
- Ask your Congressional delegation to join the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Caucus
- Ask your Congressional delegation to attend an upcoming EESI briefing
- Ask your state and local officials how they are reducing their environmental impact and how they are adapting to the climate changes already underway
- Reduce your need for personal vehicle travel by walking, biking, using public transportation, carpooling, and/or telecommuting
- When you do drive, use energy efficient techniques such as smooth driving, removing unnecessary cargo, reducing idling, and keeping tires properly inflated
- Turn off lights and unplug electronics when not in use
- Set your thermostat to avoid unnecessary heating or cooling while you are away or asleep
- Conserve water (which also helps save energy!) by turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth, running only full loads in your washing machine, watering plants in the early morning, and installing low-flow shower heads and toilets
- Purchase goods that were produced locally and packaged minimally, to reduce waste and transportation emissions
- Install energy efficient lighting, appliances, windows and insulation in your home or office
- Purchase clean, renewable energy from your utility, or take advantage of federal (and some state) tax incentives for installing your own renewable energy system
Apply for an internship with EESI and make substantive contributions to our work with Congress.
Do you rely on EESI for quality, non-partisan information on climate science, energy technologies, and policy solutions? Take two minutes to share your story on GreatNonprofits.org.
- Help us continue our work and reach an even wider audience with a tax-deductible donation today!
- You will join a distinguished group of supporters that include foundations, government agencies, businesses, organizations and individuals. A list of our major funders is available here.