Green Energy Jobs
The growth and development of the renewable energy and energy efficiency fields translates to an immense opportunity for new jobs in the energy industry. These "green jobs" not only can provide secure, well-paying jobs to millions of Americans, but they also help the nation transition from an economy reliant upon high polluting sources of energy to one that uses clean, abundant, domestic energy resources.
A report from the Renewable and Appropriate Energy Laboratory in Berkeley found that renewable energy creates more jobs per megawatt (MW) of power installed, per unit of energy produced, and per dollar of investment, than the fossil fuel industry. Workers will be needed in all skill-level positions to design, manufacture, construct, and operate renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, update the nation's electric grid, and construct new high-performance green buildings.
The United States is not alone in renewable energy and energy efficiency investment. Green jobs are growing across the globe, and a key challenge will be to locate green energy manufacturing in the United States so we keep our competitive edge. Decision makers in Congress and the White House have a role to play to ensure domestic green job growth through the use of incentives, credits, and removal of regulatory barriers.
Learn more about Green Jobs:
- Solar Jobs and Industry Growth at Stake in ITC Decision on Solar Panel Tariff
- Florida’s Dying Reefs Could Devastate Keys’ Economy
- WIRES University Graduate School – Electric Transmission Infrastructure
- Powering Businesses, Homes and Vehicles with Waste
- Investing in U.S. Infrastructure for Maximum Dividends
- Solar Industry Boasts Another Year of Massive Jobs Growth
- Trump Administration Climate Rollback Is Wrong on Many Levels
- The Economic Returns of a National Transportation Infrastructure Initiative
- Can the United States Achieve a Low Carbon Economy by 2050?
- Bipartisan Push for Renewable Energy Led by Governors from Across the Nation