Table Of Contents
This fact sheet contains summaries of 16 public opinion polls regarding climate change. These polls were conducted by multiple outlets between April 2006 and April 2007.
CBS News/New York Times
April 26, 2007 Sample: 1052 adults nationwide
• 49% believe global warming is having a serious impact now – up 14 points since 2001.
• 36% think the impact of global warming will be felt some time in the future.
• 52% want global warming to be a high priority for government leaders.
• 92% favor requiring car manufacturers to produce cars that are more energy efficient.
• 75% are would be willing to pay more electricity if it were generated by renewable energy sources.
• 58% oppose an increased federal tax on gasoline in order to cut down on energy consumption and reduce global warming.