Next available position: Fall 2018 Semester.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis.
Join EESI as a development intern and learn about all of EESI's sustainable energy and climate change work, while learning critical research, marketing, writing, and fundraising skills. Work with Director of Development on a wide range of activities to hone your skills.
Potential Intern Activities
- Research potential funding sources (foundations, corporations, individuals, public sources)
- Research and summarize variety of sustainable funding issues for use in grant proposals
- Explore creative ways to increase EESI's visibility through marketing
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials (i.e., graphic design, layout) in conjunction with EESI’s Development Director, Communications Coordinator and Communications Interns
- Work with staff on ways to further engage EESI's Board of Directors, Board of Advisors and major donors
- Represent EESI at official EESI briefings and other events
- Explore grant opportunities and assist with writing, editing, and proofreading of grant proposal on climate, energy, transportation, buildings, and related topics
- Data entry and donor acknowledgment
- Other responsibilities as they develop, based on intern interest areas and organization needs
- Upperclassmen pursuing a bachelor's degree, recent graduates or students pursuing a master's degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, politics, nonprofit management, public affairs, environmental studies, or a related field. Career changers are also very welcome.
- Interest in environmental and energy issues, with particular enthusiasm for the communication of pertinent information to funders and potential funders
- Graphic design and layout skills a plus
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing and research skills
- Self-starter, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with database software (especially Salesforce) and web software a plus
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Creativity and openness to expressing new ideas and capacity to produce questions that will further EESI’s mission
Internship Application Requirements
This internship requires a commitment of 25-40 hours per week for 10-12 weeks, with a possible extension. Please specify the time period during which you seek to intern. Citizens of any nation may apply. We offer a friendly, informal and progressive work environment.
To apply please submit the following to Susan Williams at swilliams [at] eesi.org:
- Cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with EESI
- Current resume
- Writing sample, two-to-five pages in length (Optional)
Once again, please include your name in the subject line of the e-mail. The position is unpaid, however, a transportation benefit is available. Thank you for your interest.