NASEO's 2015 Annual Meeting, to be held September 13-16 at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside in San Diego, CA, will explore states' efforts to open new economic opportunities for businesses through smart policies and programs that help to integrate intelligent energy efficiency, distributed generation, and the benefits of cloud computing. These approaches are forever changing how we construct and use buildings, power systems, factories, and vehicles.
Topics will include:
- Electricity Market Innovation and Technology Interconnectivity
- Review of EPA's Clean Power Plan Final Rule and Options for Least-Cost Compliance
- Power-to-Gas and Biogas Strategies as Important Parts of the Energy-Environment-Economy Solution
- The Road to "Ultra-High" Levels of Renewables
- Buildings, the Cloud, Data Analytics, and the Grid
- Property Assessed Clean Energy: State Catalysts and Local Options
- Potential Fuel Constraints Due to Demand Changes, Extreme Weather, and Changing Environmental Rules
- New Approaches in Water Reclamation, Desalinization, and Efficiency that Lower Costs and Improve Water (and Energy) System Resilience
- Harnessing Entrepreneurial Energy for Clean Technology
Sessions will feature state energy officials, NASEO affiliate members, and clean tech and investment experts. NASEO will also host several workshops and trainings throughout the conference, including an EPA Clean Power Plan Roundtable (during which experts will assess the details of EPA's final Clean Power Plan and states will share energy efficiency and renewable energy plan option approaches) and a Multifamily Energy Efficiency Workshop (during with participants will explore public-private partnership and policy models that State Energy Offices have used to advance energy efficiency in low-income rental housing markets).
For more information: annualmeeting2015.naseo.org