The 11th annual North American Passive House Conference (NAPHC) will be held in Philadelphia, PA, on Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24. EESI's Policy Director, Ellen Vaughan, will be speaking at the event, as part of the "Policy, Codes, Incentives" track of the 3 PM breakout session on Saturday, September 24.
11th Annual North American Passive House Conference
DoubleTree by Hilton
The largest, most well-established, and most prominent passive building conclave in North America is expected to draw many hundreds of attendees including architects, Certified Passive House Consultants (CPHC®), PHIUS Certified Builders, engineers, affordable housing leaders, contractors, energy consultants, energy raters, policymakers, homeowners, students, university faculty/staff, and members of the general public.
The event will showcase the latest tools, techniques, and products for achieving climate-specific passive buildings of all types. Such buildings are durable, comfortable, healthy, and super energy efficient (you can learn more about passive buildings here). Session tracks include the following substantive topics:
- Affordable multifamily passive building design, development, and measured data
- Case studies for new and retrofit projects in all climate zones
- Climate-specific mechanical systems design
- Materials and building science for new and retrofit applications
- Successful design methodologies and quality assurance/quality control (QAQC)
- Business and market strategies for promoting the growth of passive buildings
- Cost effective and readily available North American passive building products
- Zero energy, source zero, and positive energy building strategies
NAPHC2016 is presented by Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) in partnership with Passive House Alliance US (PHAUS). PHIUS is a non-profit organization committed to making high-performance passive building the mainstream market standard.
EESI is a promotional partner for NAPHC2016.